VIEW ALL POSITIONS
The CSR’s are responsible for maintaining the front office workflow between our clients to our clinical staff at all three (3) of our hospitals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Although additional duties and related tasks may be assigned, the essential duties and responsibilities of this position include the following:
- As a Customer Service Representative, you will maintain a professional, cheerful, and helpful attitude when interacting with clients/ staff;
- Answer incoming telephone calls within two rings, using proper telephone etiquette per our policies, direct all calls to other team members, and prioritize scheduling of appointments, record requests, and prescription refills;
- Accurately complete the sign in of patient/ client paperwork, reviewing consent forms/ estimates with clients and collect pertinent information; such as signatures, initial and final payments. Ascertain information (species, breed, age, sex, spayed/neutered v intact) is accurate and updated. Insure client phone numbers are listed in order of their preference and obtain an email address of all clients;
- Check and review all charges in patient records prior to patient discharge;
- Read all discharge instructions to client and be able to answer or facilitate obtaining an answer to their questions.
- Scan, digitally file and physically file paperwork;
- Monitor clinic e-mail inbox. Digitally file and print for ER vet on duty incoming lab results and radiology reviews and forward results to RDVMs;
- Enter CURES as time allows;
- Monitor the length of time clients are waiting, and notify techs and/or veterinarian when there is an extended wait;
- Maintain open communication lines between clients, technicians, and veterinarians;
- Attempt to placate any distressed clients when necessary and forward complaints to the supervisor/ veterinarian on shift;
- Maintain clean waiting areas for clients and patients, including but limited too; arranging seating, stocking coffee/ supplies, stocking exam rooms with clinical supplies, TV programming appropriate for clients, and making sure the front reception area is clean and organized;
- Escorting clients and patients to exam rooms; ensure all dogs are leashed and cats/ smaller pets are contained in crates, use caution and notify technicians/ veterinarians if animals show signs of aggression and accurately triage incoming patients and/or call for triage assistance by a staff member when a critical case is identified, or a patient is need of immediate treatment.
- May occasionally assist the technician and or Veterinarians with handling of the animals and or restraint.
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Vacation and Sick Time
- Continuing Education allowance
|Reports To||CSR Manager|