VIEW ALL POSITIONS
The primary objective of the Surgeon is to maintain an efficient work flow, provide excellent care to our patients and clients, and mentor the technicians and assistants of the Surgery Department, all while depicting the highest standard of professionalism, leadership, and compassion consistent with the goals and values of United Veterinary Specialty and Emergency.
- Establish a good rapport with referring veterinarians, including: timely professional and respectful communication; assistance in their professional growth and education through recommendations and interaction on referred and shared cases; ongoing development of a positive and professional working relationship; participation in Continuing Education involving the local referral community.
- Performs surgical procedures on an as needed basis including, but not limited to, tumor/mass removal, hernia repair
- Cultivate positive relationships with customers and their animals through regular communication and excellent record-keeping
- In-house equipment includes ultrasound, critical care monitoring equipment, isolation ward, and fully equipped surgical suites
- Excellent surgical skills
- Ability to balance medical and financial priorities with the clients of the veterinary clinic
- Ability to work independently, exercise good clinical judgment, provide supervisory support of technical staff and use diplomacy and tact in dealing with internal and external customers
- Positively represent United Veterinary Specialty & Emergency in the professional community and to the general public.
- Must be an ACVS Diplomate, and board-certified.
- Must have a Doctor of Veterinary Medicine from an AVMA accredited veterinary school
- Board certified by an AVMA accredited specialty college
- Be licensed to practice in California
- Minimum 3-5 years of veterinary experience in a high-quality emergency and multi-specialty practice with exemplary clinical practice displayed.
- Must have a CA DEA License
- Strong leadership skills combined with a positive team player attitude
- Excellent diagnostic and clinical skills
- Exemplary customer service that builds loyalty and trust with your clients
- Strong organizational skills which allow you to stay focused and work under pressure
- An interest in training and providing oversight for standards of care delivered
- Open to meet with DVM’s
- Strong relationship development skills
- Medical, Dental and Vision Coverage
- Life and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- 401(k) retirement savings plan
- Continuing Education allowance
- Professional Liability Coverage
|Reports To||CEO/Hospital Administrator|