Referral & Specialty Services
Enhance Your Pet’s Quality of Life Through Rehabilitation and Fitness Care at United Veterinary Specialty & Rehabilitation
- Does your dog love to run, hike with you or play ball? We can help your dog get back to what he or she loves the most.
- Rehabilitation Therapy can improve your pet’s physical condition and muscle strength and alleviate pain.
- We can treat injuries to reduce or prevent risk of further injury to your pet.
The goal of rehabilitation is to increase your pet’s physical mobility to help them return to an optimal level of function. Just like with humans, movement is important to maintain or increase muscle control and strength, decrease stiffness of tendons and muscles and increase the stability of joints. Rehabilitation is beneficial to many types of health issues facing your pet.
About United Veterinary Specialty’s Physical Rehabilitation Department
- Our rehabilitation team has extensive experience and the skills and techniques to help increase your pet’s mobility issues.
- Rehabilitation can benefit numerous conditions, including:
- Neurological conditions
- Degenerative Myelopathy
- Hip Dysplasia
- Elbow Dysplasia
- Recovery from surgery, especially orthopedic surgery and neurosurgery
- Arthritis and other geriatric changes
- Weight issues, weight loss assistance
- Gait abnormalities
- To increase strength
- To increase range of motion
- Performance enhancement of athletic dogs
Veterinary Specialty and Emergency Care from the San Francisco Peninsula to the Silicon Valley